Every so often I get caught up with what is going on, that I don’t have time to add a new post (or two) to Coniffdence. For that, I am sorry, but sadly, life happens and I don’t have all the time, tools, or energy to write.
However, on this beautiful Mother’s Day, I am committing myself to writing not only today, but I am going to try to do more during the week.
So, so much has happened these past few week, I don’t even know where to begin:
- KR did an amazing farewell performance that had a special shout out to Jen. She gave my Mom, Dad and myself all sunflowers. The back of her shirt said “RIP NIF.” And, she made it known, that in fact, “Jennifer DeVito is my hero!”
- They renamed the Starlites scholarship in Jen’s name
- I found a cross charm on the floor of NY&Co. and put it on my necklace of my guardian angel. I just looked down and saw it, and needed to pick it up.
- My hair brush is missing some of the little cushions on the tips of the plastic teeth, and sometimes it scratches my head. Whenever that happens, I think of Jen, and how she always stole my hair brushes, ruined them, and then would give them back.
- You all know my obsession with The Dash poem. I was in Hallmark the other day, and found that poem, beautifully written out on a plaque. Of corse, I started crying, and with tears in my eyes, went to the counter and bought it. It is hanging on my wall right next to me bed, with a picture of Jen and me under it.
- I started a garden along the side of my house. I planted sunflowers, and hope to plant more colorful flowers soon. I have been thinking so hard for a clever name for my garden, as right now, I am just calling it, “Garden.”
- Easter was hard. The Easter Bunny only brought two baskets to our house this year. Plus, I had to color eggs by myself. Well, I always colored them by myself, but Jen usually started to help me, would get bored, and leave.
I know I am missing a lot of stuff, but my memory is kinda mush.