I have made an official decision; November 3rd will now be known as National Niff Day. All are welcome (and encouraged) to celebrate by doing a good deed or selfless act of kindness.
November 3rd is Jen’s birthday, and I always get bummed out. I can’t celebrate her birthday with her, and I can’t give her presents. Therefore, in the spirit of giving, I have declared that November 3rd will be National Niff Day. One celebrates by doing a selfless act of kindness or some type of good deed.
You may remember I did something similar to this about two years ago, and I was overwhelmed with the positive feedback. But now, I want to make this official, and encourage everyone to celebrate Niff Day in their own way. Not only will this try to make the world a better place (even for just one day), but I hope it will help keep the memory of Niff alive.
There are so many ways you can celebrate:
- Buy coffee for a friend
- Help someone carry a heavy box
- Cook dinner for the one you love
- Let someone merge in front of you on the highway
- Bring in donuts for your coworkers
- Bring canned goods to your local food pantry
- Donate old clothes to your local shelter or Good Will
- Bring dog and cat food to an animal shelter (Jen loved animals)
- Hold the door or elevator for someone
- Anything you can think of; the possibilities are endless
My only request is that (if possible), take a picture of your good deed and tag it with #niffday. That way, everyone can see all the wonderful things done, and hopefully cheer everyone up 🙂 I will be checking Facebook and Instagram all day for your pictures.
So let it be written, so let it be done.